About Our Organization
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Southwest creates, finds, and supports programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children and their families.
We provide families stability and resources so they can help their children become healthy and happy. We are the warm shelter in the storm. Whether their problems involve staying near and supporting a hospitalized child, how to afford staying together in another city while a child is undergoing treatment or even getting basic medical care in a vulnerable or rural community. We're happy to help.
We do this through the Ronald McDonald House, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, and Ronald McDonald Care Mobile.
We have been providing these programs for 26 years since a group of community leaders came together to open the Ronald McDonald House in Lubbock in 1988. McDonald's is a partner in care and provides, through local donations, 14% of our operating budget. The other 86% come from gifts from individuals, corporations, organizations, and foundations who support our mission.
In order to raise more funds to help support our families, we have created the Red Shoe Crew. With the help of these ten amazing individuals, we are able to help more families and continue our mission.
The Red Shoe Crew \red\shoo\croo - is a group of caring, civic minded individuals asking for your donations to support families that are facing the nightmare of having a critically sick or injured child. They are dedicated to the programs and mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities® of the Southwest.